The professional training course for “Pizzaiolo” organized with the high patronage and the partnership of APCI (Italian Professional Chefs Association), the Sicilian Chef and Pastry Chef Movement, is articulated in three main levels:
a first level (basic), awarded with the qualification of “Apprentice Pizzaiolo”
a second level (advanced), awarded with the qualification of “Qualified Pizzaiolo”
a third level (specialistic), awarded with the making the true “made in Italy” pizza.
The course is totally practical, it will take place within professional pizzerias and allow students to use professional equipment and tooling in order to ensure the proper execution of the products according to the working craft standard. The teaching of the courses is entrusted exclusively to Masters Pizzaioli of proven experience and high professionalism.
The professional course for Pizzaiolo (Advanced level) organized by ANPA with the high patronage and the partnership of APCI (Italian Professional Chefs Association) the Sicilian Chef and Pastry Chef Movement and the SKAL International, is the second step required by the training program in Pizzaiolo. The course and is targeted to those who have already attended the course for “Pizzaiolo- Basic level” awarded with its title of” Apprentice Pizzaiolo “, as well to those pizzaioli, chefs and other operators who intend to upgrade and to improve their knowledge on the production of true Italian pizza. The course, starting from a the knowledge and the use of flour, yeast and raw materials will then focus in a technical manner the process of leavening, of processing and spreading of. Particular attention will, therefore, dedicated to the commodity aspects (choice of raw materials and ingredients), studying the products targeted to customers with allergies and intolerances (pizza prepared with flour and gluten-free products), the preparation, the drafting and the cooking of pizza to pan and to the blade. The training will enable the students to achieve an advanced degree of technicality and professionalism, which will permit them to carry out properly and individually the main techniques of making the true “made in Italy” pizza. The course is totally practical, it will take place within professional pizzerias and allow students to use professional equipment and tooling in order to ensure the proper execution of the products according to the working craft standard. The teaching of the courses is entrusted exclusively to Masters Pizzaioli of proven experience and high professionalism.
OBJECTIVE: To train professionals figures able to operate in the role of “Qualified Pizzaiolo” in hotels, pizzeria restaurants or takeaway pizzerias, through an innovative methodology based on a full immersion training programme lasting one month, with the possibility to carry out a subsequent internship period from 1 to 6 months in dinner facilities. The method aims to reduce the time spent by the students in the classroom and, conversely, to speed up their contact with local businesses through a concrete experimentation in the field of the skills acquired during the training. A major advantage also for the hosted companies that will benefit from high-qualified human resources that can be easily integrated into the same business area.
• The flour: classification, types and uses: Flour quality and organoleptic characteristics, chemical composition of the flours, baking strength and choice of the most suitable product for the dough, flour 0, 00 flour, white flour, wheat flour, whole wheat flour, wheat flour, flour Manitoba , gluten free flour, semolina, starch.
• Yeast, water, salt and oil: functions in the dough: The calculation of doses and quantities, the choice of flour, water (use, types,treatments and temperature), the various types of yeast (yeast and mother, yeast, baking powder), timing and stages leavening, starches, carbohydrates, proteins, fatty acids, vitamins, enzymatic transformations.
• Rising, matured and been shaped dough: The direct dough, the indirect dough Poolish method, the action of yeast fermentation and the formation of carbon dioxide, the breakdown of proteins, amino acids and fats, the formation of sugars, strong flour, weak flour and rest times of the mix, the “puntata” and the “staglio”, the formation of the dough balls, spreading the mix (dough for Roman and Neapolitan pizza).
• Processing techniques dough using gluten-free: Classification of food without gluten and arrangements for the kitchen and dining room to avoid the risk of contamination
• The true Neapolitan pizza: Processing of the dough, spreading the mix, seasoning, stuffing and bake pizza according to the criteria established by the regulations of the International Neapolitan pizza
• The pizza tray: The use and the correct temperature of the oven, preparation techniques and spreading of the pizza tray, the choice of ingredients, seasoning and cooking techniques of the pizza tray, the counter service.
• The pizza to the blade: Preparation techniques and spreading of pizza to the blade, the choice of ingredients, seasoning and cooking techniques of pizza to the blade.
• The Roman “pinsa”: Preparation techniques and spreading of the roman “pinsa”, the choice of ingredients, seasoning and cooking techniques of the Roman “pinsa”.
- Professional certificate
- Teaching materials
- Insurance coverage
- Simultaneous translation service
- Organization and logistic support
- Visa support
- Meals (light lunch included)
- Professional uniform